Pages

Saturday 11 January 2014

Barbara Innes-Hilder

I've spent this festive season visiting family aroud Australia and always try my hardest to visit local galleries. Today I visited the Shoalhaven City Art Centre in Nowra, NSW. This gallery is absolutely wonderful! There is an exhibition of abstract works by local artist Barbara Innes-Hilder, all of which we're absolutely stunning. The exhibition is entitled Bush Creek River with all of the works connecting strongly to the New South Wales, South Coast landscape. The works are created using beautiful impasto techniques, my favourite! I wanted to hang every one on my wall.

I have not heard about this artist before and have had trouble tracking down the artists website, however there is some information here.

I snuck a few quick photos of selected works, sorry for the rough image quality. This exhibition is on for a while longer, it's well worth the visit!






2 comments:

  1. I had the great pleasure of knowing Barbara while she taught me painting at Bomaderry Tafe in 2003-2004. An absolute favourite artist of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnificent! I wondered, any relationship to JJHilder, delicate water-colourist from early last century?

    ReplyDelete